The job description of the customer service involves the work related to provide the service to the customer. As the name only specifies that their main task to serve their customer with the excellent services. A person needs to posses the skills and the responsibilities so to give services to their customers. The work of the customer service varies according to the organization, company and the position at which the person is working. The job of the customer service involves the process to interact with the customers so to provide the services to the customers in return of the inquiries and request being done by them for the products and services. A good customer service would result in an increase in the sales.
As the job of the customer service varies according to the responsibilities so the different set of responsibilities are as follows:
1) They need to reply to the inquiry being made by the customers.
2) They need to deal with the customers through the phone, face to face or by other means of communication.
3) Get the information to find out the ways to deal with the inquiries and the problems of the customers.
4) Their main aim is to provide the solution for the customer’s problems.
5) Carry out the customer verification.
6) Manage the customer’s accounts.
7) Records are needed to be kept of the customers which are an important part of the customer service which is always to be performed.
8) Need to maintain a record of the customer transaction and interaction.
9) Possess the problem solving and listening skills.
10) Managing Administration.
To get the job in a customer service the qualification varies according to the eligibility condition of the organization. The basic requirements are as follows:
1) Need to possess a graduation degree.
2) Have good communication and problem solving skills.
3) Know about the principles of the customer’s service well.
4) Have the knowledge of the computers.
5) Information of administrative procedures.
6) Listening skills in an important skill by which you could interact with the customers well.
7) Keep the data in an organized form.