With the increase in the demand of all products and services the marketing jobs has been one of the prior choice in the modern generation for the area of operation. Before analyzing the description in the marketing field, here are some terms that should be understood.
The term ‘market’ has been described as the place where the buyers and the sellers gather to enter into transactions involving the exchange of goods and services.
The term market has a very wide sense and includes the context of product market, geographic market, consumer market industrial market, retail market, wholesale market etc. It also refers to the set of actual and potential buyers of a product of any goods or services.
The term ‘marketing’ has been referred to as performance of business activities that direct the flow of goods and services from producers to consumers. The term merchandising, selling and shopping are all included under ‘marketing’.
It should be noted that the process of marketing is not only a post-production activity, but it comprises of those activities, which are performed before the production process. In modern generation emphasis has been laid to define marketing as a social process.
‘Marketer’ refers to any person who takes more active part in the process of exchange. Individuals wishing into marketing field can acquire the job of a ‘marketing coordinator’ or a marketing assistant’.
The person having any of the following degrees can enter into the any of the marketing fields:
• Bachelors degree in business administration
• Bachelors degree in commerce
• Any diploma or degree by a certified institution
• Post graduation in business administration or any other commercial line.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities
• A marketing assistant should be an individual with self-motivation who could work under stressful situations too when it is necessary regarding comes to meeting of project deadlines of project. For such purpose this he should always concentrate and pay attention towards each every detail. He may also be required prepare some designed marketing materials which might include graphs, presentations, paragraphs, tables, event managing reports, company’s essential documentations etc.
• A marketing assistant has to instruct in different seminars and business fairs. For this purpose, he should possess good knowledge on logistics.
• He has to maintain the project reports and schedules
• He should act as mediator in between the agencies of advertising the organization.
Skills in requirement:
The following skills are the prior requirements for any marketer:
• Good knowledge about the management principles and guidelines
• Soundness in communication skills
• Good hold in the techniques and management tools to be applied in marketing process.
The salary of marketing assistant or any other such employee differs from organization to organization. The starting salary may vary from the range of Rs.1233000- Rs.1755000.