With the increasing rate of fatal diseases and many unknown communication diseases the medical services felt the need of improving the health care system in India. Due to poverty and high medical fees most of the people in India are not able to get a good health care. Therefore many programmers have been integrated with family welfare and nutritional programmers.
The job in this field may be of a medical officer or a medical assistant. The work of a medical office manager is to keep hold of all of all office administration work like maintaining record of patients, attending and solving the queries of visitors and patients regarding appointments and availability of beds in the medical institute. At times they also overlook the secondary tasks of physicians and doctors, providing them more relief and help them to focus on the main work.
Responsibilities in the medical job
• The clinic managers perform the work of assisting the trainees of the interns or staff and make sure that all policies and rules are being carried out with efficiency.
• They also carry out the work of upgrading the current record of the patients admitted and to systematize all the descriptions of the drug therapy and treatments given to the patients.
• He also manages the office work, account of inventory, medical billing, and fees to be charged and keep in contact with the other important medical centers in the area.
• Systemizing the work relation with the medical insurance companies.
• Maintenance of documents and other important files and folder of the medical organization.
Description of a Medical Director
• Developing, coordinating and supervising the staff members of the department and amongst other departmental sections.
• To overlook and manage the internal staff with proper authority and responsibility
• To properly train the interns and guide them on required matters.
• Keep a proper communication with all departments
• Ensuring the proper standard and assisting staff regarding the quality work.
In order to become a medical office manager one needs to have a diploma or certificate in the related job field or can apply if he has a two-year degree in medical office administration. Some of the organizations pick up persons who completed a formal training or have undergone internship in any such area of operation. Also a peon excelling in the administrating work may be the priority for selection by any institute.
Salary of a medical office manager
A medical office manager can earn a salary ranging from Rs.180000 – Rs. 2025000.