Being a part of any office administration one has to perform the following functions and duties
• Responsibly carrying out the maintenance of all records and transactions of the important documents.
• Making proper schedule of all the meetings and appointments.
• Supervising the staff members to carry out their responsibilities effectively and on time.
• Keeping a proper record of all the inventories dealt in and informing the board members about all the activities carried out.
• To maintain the record of all donations received.
• To coordinate the work of various departments.
• To avoid ambiguity and duplication of work by specifying the tasks clearly to the employees.
• To lead the effective accomplishment of goals by providing framework and proper allocation of work amongst the employees.
• Making accommodation and other facilities available to the staff or any other outside member of the organization.
• He should develop the initiative among the employees and give the lower managerial workers a freedom to take appropriate and timely decisions.
• He should encourage and develop the managerial talent in the employees through formal training and allowing them to handle the assignments.
• He should accomplish the task assigned to him along with his staff members with efficiency in order to provide relief to the top management level. By doing this, an office manager or associate helps in increasing the productivity of the organization and facilitates growth by fostering a sense of healthy competition among the employees.
An office manager has to assign the duties to the staff and regulate the clerical and secretarial performances. He also delegates responsibilities to all the staff members and ensures that none of the member is has loads of work to do. For this purpose he keeps on exchanging their duties to ensure proper working with efficiency.
Recruitment and Training of the employees:
According to the needs of any department the office manager recruits, selects and the employees from time to time, to make them suitable for their jobs.
Maintenance of Office Records:
He needs to keep upgrading all the records and dispose off the old and unnecessary documents. He needs to keep proper record of the inventory too.
Role with the Senior Management:
An office manager fixes the meetings and appointments with the senior management to overview the performance of the company and of the staff members.
Specifications and skills required
In order to become an office associate one must have a degree or diploma from a certified institute in the area of office administration or any such subject. An office associate should possess good communication skills; hold on good public relation skills, leadership skills. He should also have the sufficient knowledge of database software like MS word, PowerPoint, MS outlook etc. all these knowledge and skills helps an office associate to perform in a better way.