Pharmacists are those persons who perform the task of dispensing of medicines and drugs to the patients as mentioned or prescribed by physicians, doctors or any other health and medical expert. Also most of the times, Pharmacists themselves dispenses the patients with some medicines. The most crucial task of any pharmacist is to manage the stock of drugs and medicines efficiently. They also guide the patients regarding the medicinal dozes and also advice doctors regarding prescription to be given to the patients.
Duties and responsibilities of a pharmacist
The pharmacist has to perform the following duties:
o Advising the medical experts and the surgeons regarding the medicines and drugs.
o Analysis of patient’s health according to the medicinal dose given to him
o Guide the patient in relation to any medicinal therapy prescribed to them.
o Inform the patients of the side effects, if any, of the drugs bought by him and to inform the doctor in case of any emergency
o Give instructions to the patients with minor suffering for the first aid or any remedy to be provided.
o Maintain the proper inventory of medicines.
The job line
The career of a pharmacist is quite stable with a good income. A pharmacist who have gained experienced in the field may own a drug store if has the sufficient capital to invest for the same. Also that pharmacist can move for the job of big drug firm owners or as a pharmacist manager or a drug and medicine supervisor. They can also apply for jobs in a pharmaceutical company. Anyhow, the job line of a pharmacist is quote challenging, which needs a proper hold on the research, marketing and development of appropriate knowledge of drugs and medicines.
Job Description of a Pharmacy Technician
• Helping the patients in acquiring people drugs and medicines
• Entering proper description of all data in a systematic order.
• Maintenance of regular records and documents of medicines and drugs purchased for availability of data for use of investigation matters.
• Knowing the legal obligations imposed by the law of the particular state and region.
• Handling all the telephone and other calls for pharmacists and take orders from the customers for the medicines.
• Helping the pharmacists in proper functioning of the store and handling customers.
• Keeping him updated about all latest pharmaceutical changes in the organization.
In order to get a pharmacist degree one must opt for any science subject in the high school and later to need to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in medicine or any other subject or a B.S. in pharmacy. Also in order to get entry in to pharmacy school one needs to clear the pharmacy treason.