Student job profile found in specialized educational institutes and colleges and is also known as on-campus jobs. They have proved very essential to those students who are not able to afford the large amount of fees and charges. Such jobs not only provide them with the opportunity to acquire some earnings but also help them in gaining experience in their particular subject. As these are usually jobs inside the campus of the universities or colleges, they keep such time for the jobs so that they do not clash with classes or exams.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties are as follows:
• The most common job for the student is of a teaching technician. These jobs are mainly for the bright students who provide assistance to their professors or teachers.
• In the jobs of a lab assistant, they provide assistance to the chemistry and biology department faculty.
• Students who work as office assistants perform the primary job of making and receiving calls for appointments, entering of the details and data, keeping records of all faxes, mails and other notices, maintain the paperwork related to any transaction of the organization.
• These may also help in the library in the process of maintaining books, their issues and back submissions etc.
• Some students may also work under the creativity field which includes preparation of designs, models, graphs and images
• They may also work in some restaurant or cafeteria in their off classes as a receptionist or help in billing.
Student may hold a job of assisting other students in a biology or chemistry lab, helping the librarians with managing tasks, maintaining records and files of the department he is involved. These students also get financial assistance from many institutes to capo up with their requirements. Such assistance also helps them as an experience for their resume and provides them with a good backup for their future jobs. These situations also help them to face adverse and complex situation and to handle them with bravery.
Skills and qualifications
The required skills are as follows:
• One must balance their study time and working time
• One needs to have patience and should work hard as he has to exercise work in both the areas.
There is no need for too many qualifications because one is working being a student. One must acquire the permission from both the educational institute he is studying in and from the maintainer of the job place.